EXPRESSION OF INTEREST/INVITATION TO PREQUALIFY FOR SELECTION AS COMMUNITY BASED ORGANIZATION FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF ACTIVE TB CASE FINDING AND COMMUNITY PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OF DRUG RESISTANT TB PROJECT
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is currently seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from qualified Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to serve as State Lead CBO to implement Active TB Case Finding (ACF) and or Community Programme Management of Drug Resistant Tuberculosis (CPMDT) Project supported by Global Fund through the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP). The project which will be implemented in all geo-political zones of the country, will cover a 21 month period and end by December 2020. Based on its evaluation of the submitted EOIs, ARFH will conduct a desk review and interview the shortlisted organizations.
South South: Rivers, Crossriver, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Edo, Bayelsa
South West: Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo
South East: Abia, Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi
North Central: FCT, Plateau, Nasarawa, Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Benue
North West: Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Jigawa
North East: Gombe, Taraba, Adamawa, Yobe, Bauchi, Borno
- SCOPE OF WORK
The CBO will work at the State level in order to effectively plan, coordinate and manage the implementation of ACF and or CPMDT activities in the State.
Specific responsibilities On Community TB Intervention:
- Conduct House –to-House TB Case Search within the Slum and community at large through the Community TB Workers (CTWs)
- Conduct Advocacy, Contact investigation, community outreaches and screening at the community level.
- Engage Community TB Workers/Community Volunteers for ACF implementation.
- Integration of social mobilization activities on TB service.
- Support TBLS and STBLCP for contact tracing and follow up smear positive TB patient for enhanced treatment adherence.
- Involve the TBLS and other relevant stakeholders at the LGA level in all community-level TB activities
- Supervise, monitor, coach and mentor CTWs for effective project implementation
- Conduct Community level mobilization, sensitization and demand creation for TB/HIV services through Social Behavior Change strategies
- Support CTWs to carry out home visits for each smear-positive TB case to identify and evaluate contacts and collect sputum samples from those presumed to have TB.
- Mobilization/leverage resources to support the TB programme at the community and LGA levels
- Strengthen Referral and linkage for increased uptake of TB/HIV services among CTWs, health workers (maternity and other health centres), DOT Staff and HIV support groups.
- Conduct systematic mapping of CBOs and engagement of all relevant care providers, including pharmacists and traditional healers, in defined geographical areas (Slums, Internally Displaced Person’s Camp etc) to improve case detection.
- Implement ambulatory care and community DR-TB activities.
- Conduct advocacy and sensitize community gate keepers such as Government Officials, Traditional, Religious and Opinion leaders, Private bodies and philanthropists, towards raising awareness among community members on MDR-TB
- Establish support group at the health facility with regard to the proximity of the patient to promote adherence to treatment
- Identify and recruit (CPMDT specific) Treatment Supporters (TS) in conjunction with the assigned Local Government TB Supervisors (LGTBS)/DOT Providers (General Health Workers (GHW) for each DR-TB patient receiving treatment in the community.
- Conduct visits to the DOTS and Laboratory facilities to verify presumptive and diagnosed TB cases from the community/CBO in the facility and laboratory registers
- Ensure that the test results of sputum samples supplied from the CTW/community are promptly released to DOTS facilities
- Ensure that all the diagnosed TB cases from the community are also in the LGA/Facility register and receiving treatment
- Collate the verified results from the facilities on monthly basis and report to ARFH.
- Facilitate the capturing of Community TB data by the TBLS and ensure the data is presented at the State Review Meeting of the STBLCP.
- Report and Liaise with ARFH for data collection, analysis and reporting on ACF activities to ARFH.
- Summarize the collated data of the activity done within the month report and share with TBLS and STBLCP.
- Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for consideration, interested organisations
- in at least 1 LGA in the State.
- The organization must provide the following details:
- Profile of the organization, including organization’s certificate of incorporation, physical address, organogram of management structure, ownership (including board membership), and contacts (telephone, facsimile and email);
- Evidence of organization’s previous ACF/CPMDT TB program implementation supported by Global Fund
- Evidence of organization’s current program as well as a documented history of delivering state and LGA level health related services in Nigeria. Evidence should include previous health projects handled with details of grant amounts, funding agencies and period of such grants. Experience in TB and TB/HIV programs will be added advantage
- Evidence of the availability of qualified personnel for carrying out the activities listed above.
- Evaluation and Selection of the CBO
- Only organizations that satisfy the Pre-qualification requirements will be contacted for Interview.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of ARFH to appoint any organization nor shall it entitle any organization to claim any indemnity from ARFH.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information via e-mail address given below. Such information should be requested not later than 3 days after publication.
- Method of Application
Interested organizations that wish to participate in this Call for Expression of Interest are requested to fill the attached EOI template and send it to email@example.com on/or before Saturday April 27th, 2019. All applicants should indicate the preferred State in the subject line of the mail e.g EOI for CBO – Name of Organization, State i.e EOI for CBO – Adahugu Development Initiative, Kogi State.
1. Please only Express Interest to work in a State where you have local presence (Office)
2. The submission of the document should be a single PDF file and MUST NOT be more than 7MB.