The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH), a Principal Recipient (PR) under the Global Fund New Funding Model Tuberculosis grant; is currently seeking for competent international organizations to provide a detailed training proposal on data management including use of data analysis software. This training course is aimed at building the capacity of programme and Monitoring & Evaluation staff – a total of twenty five persons.
SCOPE OF WORK
The successful training organization will combine expertise in epidemiology, biostatistics, analysis of programmatic data for decision making and applied research and must be able to pass on these skills through a well-designed, tailor made short course training curriculum. The training will provide participants with the advanced statistical analytic techniques and skills to improve data management processes, use data to inform policy and programmatic actions and planning for future program interventions.
Specifically, the scope of the training will entail the following:
- Build capacity in different types of data management techniques, simple and complex data analysis
- Teach participants and build skill on how to analyze, interpret and present data to different stakeholders for maximum impact
- Train participants to gain proficiency in use of statistical software for data analysis specifically STATA, Epi-info, and CS Pro.
- Training should include use of STATA for sample size and power calculations
- Train participants in measures to improve data quality, measuring screening techniques, regression techniques, cohort and survival analysis
- Provide the knowledge of how to conduct factorial analysis and meta-analysis as well as manage complex data sets.
- Train participants on the data presentation, reporting and dissemination techniques including use of Infographics, Inscape, dashboard etc
- Train participant on developing abstracts, journal article publications and other manuscripts for wide dissemination.
At the end of the training, it will be expected that participants will gain expertise in the use with key concepts and techniques in STATA and other related software, with an emphasis on developing basic/advanced software operating skills as well as the application of STATA skills to improve understanding of disease epidemiology, data management, programme planning and decision making.
To be eligible for consideration, interested organizations must provide the following details:
- Training organization must be accredited academic institution with proven training experience tailored to health programmes, experience in TB and TB/HIV programmes will be an added advantage
- A training proposal with details of the training curriculum, course content and schedule of training.
- A budget proposal for the training course. This should contain a detailed budget narrative to provide explanation of each budget item and the reasonableness of the costs.
- Profile of the training faculty and facilitators (bio-sketch of training facilitators must be attached)
- Profile of the organization, including organization’s certificate of incorporation, physical address, and contacts (telephone, facsimile and email);
- Evidence of organization’s experience and involvement in similar training, as well as documented history of delivering related services in Nigeria. Support this with previous training report, training curriculum, brochure etc
- Evidence of the journal publications by members of the training faculty in peer reviewed journals
- Evidence of tax payment for the past 3 consecutive years; or Tax exemption (applicable to local institutions)
- Evidence of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and compliance with the payment of contributions to CAC based on the relevant act (applicable to local institutions).
NOTE: The funding does not support claims for institutional administrative or management fee.
Submission of Applications/Closing Date
All electronic submission must be bear the reference code DTM/ARFH/M&E Training-2017 and should be included on the subject title of the mail and the application letter. No hard copy or paper submission will be accepted. Send all applications and request for clarification to: training_TB@arfh-ng.org
- Please reference the job title and reference code on the covering/application letter.
- These documents should be sent to the e-mail address above. Address the covering letter to
Head, Monitoring & Evaluation
Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Submission must be delivered to the above e-mail address not later than March 10th, 2017. No submission will be accepted after the closing date.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.