Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions under the USAID (ARFH LOPIN-Region 1) OVC Project.
- FINANCE OFFICER, IBADAN
Reports to Dir. of Finance & Admin with following responsibilities:
- Process all approved payments in line with standard practices with appropriate supporting documents
- Provide administrative and technical support to the CBOs to ensure that all advances are retired and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis.
- Assist in the logistics preparation for and during workshops.
- Filling of retired payment vouchers with supporting documents.
- Posting of daily transactions (Income & Expenditure) using accounting Package.
- Carry out banking transaction and recording of daily lodgments and withdrawers
- Preparation of PVs and writing of cheques
- Posting of PVs and preparation of financial reports
- Responsible for budget tracking, bank statement reconciliation and preparation of staff payroll
- In charge of making requisition for funds, reimbursement and involvement in the capacity building of the Community Based Organization on financial management
- Keep financial records and write up financial reports.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- HND/B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field. Professional accounting certification: ACA or ACCA or CPA may be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years’ work experience in a similar position, preferably with a non-governmental organization on OVC, HIV/AIDS,
- Strong skills in Microsoft word, Excel and QuickBooks, good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced in managing USAID grants and familiarity with Nigerian NGOs contractual procedures and a relevant higher degree will enhance applicant’s chances.
- TRANSPORT OFFICER.
LOCATION: Portharcout, rivers state
- Provides transportation support to the staff or project activities
- Handles vehicle fuelling and maintenance and ensure adherence to organization’s transport and security policies
- Provides logistics support as requested by the Project office (Line manager).
- Level of Education : SSCE, Diploma
- Certification of driver mechanic trade test and professional experience in vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- At least four (4) years of professional driving with valid Nigerian Driver’s license and with NGOs
- Good spoken and written skills in English language with at least one local language predominant in the State.
- Compliance Assistant (Temporary) Reports to Compliance Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo State.
- Review grant management activities to ensure that financial guideline of funder organizations and other control procedures on grant management on the project are functioning effectively.
- Carry out financial support of sub recipients and Community Based Organizations through supportive supervision, coaching and mentoring and oversight visits.
- Carry out internal control assessments and site visits to determine weaknesses and their impact on the grant.
- Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations/management action plans.
- Carry out investigations of alleged fraud, mismanagement, loss of assets etc.
- Ensure that projects can function at a high level of quality while delivering value for money services.
- Work with Program, Monitoring & Evaluation and finance teams to ensure efficient usage of grant’s funds.
- Train and re-train staff to ensure that they are conversant with operational policies and adhered strictly with the laid down rules and regulations to enhance efficient, effective and compliant grants management.
- Ensured that reports prepared by the finance department are accurate and reliable for decision making.
- Ensure that the organizational policies are adhered to while preventing and reducing risks.
- Ensure that all transaction processes are duly followed.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
- HND/B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field. Professional accounting certification: ACA or ACCA or CPA may be an added advantage. At least 3 years’ experience in Audit/Compliance/Internal Control in a dynamic & multi-cultural international NGO setting with excellent accounting and auditing skills. Working experience with an External Audit firm.
- Knowledge of USAID and other international donor rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements is essential.
- Good computer skills in Ms Office Excel, word and Power-point and accounting software e.g. QuickBooks etc. are highly essential.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com on/or before January 4th , 2018 . Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).