Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions in the organization for Global Fund grants.
- Finance Officer – Project Management Unit, NTBLCP -TB Grant: Location: Abuja (Reports to Project Accountant NTBLCP & National Coordinator- NTBLCP).
The position will support the Project Accountant for managing all the financial, logistics, and administrative support functions for the project including the following:
- Provide support for effective and efficient budget management of the project.
- Process all approved payments in line with standard practices with appropriate supporting documents
- Ensure timely preparation of payment vouchers and checks.
- Daily posting of financial transactions in QuickBooks and maintaining financial records.
- Provide administrative and technical support to the Finance team to ensure that all advances are retired and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis.
- Assist in providing logistics support to workshops and meetings and handles electronic payments of participants at workshops.
- Provide support for preparation of financial reports as at when due (monthly, quarterly, etc.) and submitted to donor.
- Carry out banking transaction and recording of daily lodgments and withdrawals.
- Assist remittance of staff pension to pension scheme managers.
- Ensures remittance of staff tax deduction to Federal and State Inland Revenue Boards.
- Filling of retired payment vouchers with supporting documents.
- Assist with contacts with Federal Inland Revenue Service to facilitate collections of Withholding Tax Credit Notes.
- Support internal and external audit of project.
Applicants must have first degree/HND in Accounting or other related Social sciences. Also required is a minimum of 3 years working experience, strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks, good analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills. Experience in managing Global Fund grants and familiarity with Nigerian NGOs contractual procedures. Partly qualified chartered accountants will be an added advantage.
- IT & Communications Officer – Project Management Unit, NTBLCP -TB Grant: Location: Abuja (Reports to Project Accountant NTBLCP & National Coordinator NTBLCP).
Information Technology (IT) Responsibilities
- Provides basic assistance, information and/or training to staff on ICT policies and procedures including hardware and software.
- Identifies ICT problems, develop and implement technical solutions.
- Maintain an accurate asset management system and ensures all items are properly tagged.
- Ensure transparency and cost efficiency principles in all processes.
- Providing NTBLCP offices with IT services.
- Ensures provision of timely and quality support to all staff in the organization including field staff.
- Ensure ICT equipment’s, hardware, software and other resources are made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Monitors, operates, and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level etc)
- Implement data back- up filling system (electronic files) at head office and state level.
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet…)
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment’s.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per approved policy (Loss and damage report).
- Website maintenance, timely update of NTBLCP website with news, events stories/pictures,
- Provides adequate coverage of NTBLCP events/meetings and maintain productive relationship with print and media houses,
- Produce increased publication of NTBLCP stories by newspapers, improvement of the speed of the website, design of IEC materials including fyers, folders, jotters etc,
- Prepares graphic design of annual report, video documentary/news production and editing for NTBLCP social media accounts and regular update on social media accounts- twitter, Facebook and YouTube,
- Coordinate press meetings/interviews between media representatives and NTBLCP officials,
- Prepares of quarterly on –line newsletter and design/production of advocacy tools
The preferred candidate must meet the requirements in IT and Communications services as follows:
- Degree in Computer Science, ICT or related degree, Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience from working as an ICT Officer in a development organization or NGO. Professional qualification and experience in Networking, Programming, Proven knowledge of IT hardware maintenance and ability to solve simple hardware problems; this includes set-up and management of network devices e.g. printers, scanners etc, Solid experience in maintaining, trouble-shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows-based (local area) network, Good knowledge of software installation including MS Office, Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in public relations activities, media and print houses relationships, website maintenance, operations of social media accounts and design of IEC (Information, Education and Communication) materials including flyers, banners, brochures, annual reports etc.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organizational skills, including the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; have strong interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work under pressure with diverse team members.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com on/or before May 15th, 2017 . Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).