Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions in the organization for Global Fund grants.
- Communication Officer; Location: Abuja (Reports to Director of Programs.)
- Work with the program teams and partners, to develop visibility and communications plans for projects in conformity with ARFH’s communication strategy.
- Produce advocacy and communication materials (e.g. briefing notes, images, video, web pages etc.) that meet ARFH and global standards.
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials for both web-based and traditional media, as appropriate.
- Establish or maintain an up-to-date documentation centre for communication materials including publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.
- Maintain and update media relations contact list/database. Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media.
- Define a social media plan for the assigned area which leverages social media content, platforms, networks and partners to enhance coverage and support of agency activities.
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials. Maintain a library of coverage (clippings, coverage etc.)
- Work with projects to implement appropriate public and partner relations activities.
- Familiar with global and international media platforms e.g. webinar, online video/tele conferencing facilities etc.
Applicants must have a University degree in any of the following related field: Mass Communication, Journalism, Computer sciences, Social Sciences, etc. A master’s degree in communication arts will be an added advantage. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar position on projects focusing on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria or related fields; and working experience with Global Fund, USAID or any other donor funded programs is desirable. Publishing skills and website management strongly required.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to firstname.lastname@example.org on/or before 14th February 2018. Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).