Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improved Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV/AIDS Programme especially community HIV intervention, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria. ARFH offers professionals, opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. ARFH has been a Principal Recipients to the Global Fund since 2007 and currently coordinates the Community Component of the HIV grant on the New Funding Model. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position on the Global Fund Community System Strengthening Project in Lagos State:
Position: ASSISTANT FINANCE OFFICER –GF CSS GRANT, LAGOS
PERSON RESPONSIBLE TO: Community Systems Strengthening (CSS) Project Sub Recipient (SR) SUPPORT ACCOUNTANT
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION– The Assistant Finance Officer- is to work closely with the Lagos State Team lead to provide administrative and financial support for the daily operations of the Global Fund Community Systems Strengthening Grant.
Assistant Finance Officer: Location: Lagos
The position will assume direct responsibility for managing all the financial, logistics, and administrative support functions for the project including the following:
- Process all approved payments in line with standard practices with appropriate supporting documents
- Provide administrative and technical support to CBOs Finance and Programs teams to ensure that all advances are retired in line with approved guidelines
- Ensure CBOs retirements and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis.
- Support the CBOs in processing funds disbursement.
- Filling of retired payment vouchers with supporting documents.
- Posting of daily transactions (Income & Expenditure) using Microsoft Excel and maintaining financial records.
- Ensure monthly financial reporting is completed, analysed and shared with the Finance Officer.
- Carry out banking transaction and recording of daily lodgment and withdrawals.
- Monitor the expenditures and reports to the Finance officer to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately.
- Efficiently manage office petty cash.
Applicants must have first degree/HND in Accounting or other related Social sciences. Also required is a minimum of 1 year working experience (including NYSC), strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as good analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills. Experience working on GF CSS grants and basic knowledge of Quickbooks software will be an added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com on/or before 22nd February 2017. Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email .Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as for three professional referees (i.e. from present and former employers). For every agency or organization that you have worked for please indicate the name of your supervisor, his/her functional email address and functional telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).