Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions under the Global Fund Tuberculosis & HIV Grant- New Funding Model.
- SR/System Support Accountant, Abuja:
- Type of Appointment: Full Time Contract.
- Duration: One and a half months, till December 31st 2017 (renewable.)
(Reports to the Director of Finance and Administration).
SR Support Duties:
- Work closely with ARFH program and other finance teams, and sub-recipients (SRs) to ensure smooth operation and effective grant’s fund management.
- Support in preparation/review of the fund request by the SRs to ensure reasonability and compliance with approved budgets
- Review retirement documents and follow up all outstanding advances with SR staff and partners, to ensure timely and proper retirements.
- Review SRs monthly transactions including cash book and bank reconciliation, and variance analysis report
- Ensure appropriate and timely address of auditors’ findings and recommendations.
- Provide continuous technical assistance and training to sub-recipients on grant implementation.
- Assist in the preparation of donor periodic reports.
System Support Duties:
- Support in designing, installing, implementing and maintaining adequate accounting and internal control systems.
- Ensure the Centralized Accounting System (CAS) is always up and running.
- Responsible for the periodic closure of accounting books.
- Ensure all implementing entities in the CAS post their transactions as at when due including interfacing with SRs.
- Timely resolution of issues/queries arising from the use of the CAS both at the PR and SR level.
- Responsible for the periodic consolidation of organization accounts.
- Liaise with the Centralized Accounting System consultant on a regular basis to ensure deliverables are achieved.
Degree in accounting, finance or other relevant field plus any of the following professional accounting certification: ACA or ACCA or CPA. At least 5 years’ experience in grant management in a dynamic & multi-cultural international NGO setting with excellent accounting and auditing skills. Knowledge of Global Fund and other international donor rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements is essential. Good computer skills in Ms Office Excel, word and Power-point and accounting software- QuickBooks, SAP etc are highly essential.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com on/or before November 8th , 2017 . Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).