Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), OVC Programming, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons in ARFH Headquarter in Ibadan.
Position: Clinical Nursing Officer
Location: ARFH, Ibadan office- Ikolaba Ibadan
- Perform nursing duties with strong emphasis on provision of family planning services.
- Provide contraceptive services including oral and injectable contraception, emergency contraception, insertion of intrauterine devices and implants and post-abortion care.
- Must be able to interact with young people and understand the principles of Youth-Friendly services.
- Obtain complete medical history and physical data on patients
- Perform physical examination and assessment, make independent nursing, judgments and records findings
- Interpret and integrate data to determine appropriate diagnostic, therapeutic and laboratory procedures and plans as needed.
- Promote health literacy particularly prevention of malaria, STI/HIV and unplanned pregnancy.
- Interview and advice patients regarding health maintenance, illness prevention, normal behaviour, social and physical growth and development.
- Refer patients with health conditions outside of the scope of the facility, and provide instructions to patients and family on medications and treatment.
- Provide supervision and direction to support staff and interns
- Counsel clients to evaluate effectiveness of family planning services and types of contraceptive chosen.
- Work as an effective and responsible team member.
- Commitment to discharging roles and responsibilities with good time management
- Collaborate with other members of the team to determine client care and treatment
- Attend required meetings and in-services, and participates in committees as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
A graduate from an accredited school of Nursing and Midwifery or BSc/BSN. Certificate in Family Planning, Master degree will be an added advantage. At least 15 years of professional nursing experience in a clinic setting, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a high level of commitment and flexibility. Candidate must enjoy working with men, women and young people and be a team player.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to firstname.lastname@example.org on/or before November 24th, 2017 . Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).