Cervical Cancer Prevention
Dr Harshad Sanghvi, Jhpiego, USA
- Emeritus Senior Medical Advisor, Jhpiego, Baltimore
- Former Vice President, Technical Leadership and Innovation, and Chief Medical Officer Jhpiego ,
- Former chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Of Nairobi
- His team developed the single visit approach for cervical cancer prevention, now practiced in 30 countries.
- In 2009, received the Global Health Council’s Best Practices Award for his work in preventing postpartum hemorrhage at homebirth, now practiced in 45 countries.
- Awarded the prestigious Honorary Fellowship of the Indian College of Obstetrics and Gynecology following his work with the Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecology Societies of India in expanding EMOC.
- Conceptualized, developed and deployed a low-cost cryotherapy device, ePartogram, bloodless hemoglobin test, and novel personal protection Equipment.
Download the full presentation here: