Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position in an on-going USAID funded OVC project: Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award (ICHSSA 2 Project) in Lagos State. The candidate will be based in Lagos under overall supervision of the Chief of Party. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Senior Program Officer-Paediatric and Maternal Healthcare Services-1 Position
The SPO will work directly with the State Program Manager and report to the Director of Programs. S/he will assist in ensuring that all project activities are in line with the Child Safeguarding Policy of ARFH and best practices, established by USAID PEPFAR, and GoN. S/he will assist in strengthening technical capacity of CBOs, and Health Facility Officials to increase service uptake by OVC and the priority sub population. 100% of his/her time per annum is chargeable to the project.
• S/he will support the HIV case finding and linkage to treatment of CLHIV/ALHIV using innovative facility and community-based strategies
• Facilitate the enrolment of CLHIV/ALHIV, HEI, and CKP on the project
• Support the PLHIV to achieve and remain virally suppressed.
• Track regular attendance of Antenatal Clinics by enrolled pregnant women and EID for HEI
• Participate in Community and facility Case Findings and link the newly diagnosed CLHIV/ALHIV/PLHIV to treatment.
• Support DSD models to improve ART uptake, retention and viral load suppression
• Strengthen the capacity of CBOs on HTS, PMTCT, EID and bi-directional referrals
• Develop work plans for Paediatrics and Maternal Healthcare services, track progress, write reports and success stories/Articles.
• Participate actively in the implementation of the Paediatric ART Saturation Strategies (PASS) and PMTCT.
• Support Implementation of HFR and tracking of UNAIDS 95-95-95 Goals.
• 100% of his/her time per annum is chargeable to the project.
At least 5 years cognate experience, which must include at least 2 years in Programming for OVC, to mitigate the impact of HIV/AIDS. Also, preferred are knowledge of health programs with the Nigeria public sector, health system, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders.
A Degree in Medical Field, Social Sciences or related disciplines. An MPH is an added advantage.
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com on/or before Wednesday March 23, 2022. Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Get notified with updates from ARFH as it happens. Please subscribe now.