Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position in a newly awarded USAID funded OVC project: Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award in Lagos State. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. The vacancy is in the Lagos Office.
1. Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) – 1 Position
The DCOP will support the COP and serve as the principal point of contact on the project for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP (as Acting COP). The DCOP will be responsible for managing day-to-day technical activities. S/he will be responsible for collaboration with other stakeholders, including in other states where ICHSSA Activities are being implemented, in order to apply lessons learned, innovations, and cutting-edge quality improvement methods and to translate best practices into improved implementation of interventions.
Technical leadership responsibilities include the following areas:
•Programming for priority OVC sub-populations including CLHIV, HIV-exposed infants, children of PLHIV, adolescent girls, children of FSW
• Parenting skills development
• Organization and workforce development
• Gender transformative programming
• Programming to support HIV prevention and epidemic control
• MCH and nutrition
The DCOP must have excellent technical skills in managing OVC projects and an understanding of programming for CLHIV in Nigeria. S/he must have excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent analytical skills; and demonstrated experience in the strategic design and implementation of OVC and HIV/AIDS programs.
- MB BcH/BS or B.Sc degree in any medical or social sciences
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Public Health, Development Studies, Social Work or other health related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in senior program management implementing international development activities in Africa, with preference given to OVC and HIV/AIDS/ Health activities under a USG funded award in Nigeria
- Excellent computer skills in Ms Office suite and working knowledge of M & E softwares: Stata, SPSS, NOMIS etc is compulsory.
Method of Application
Applicants should complete the online form at http://bit.ly/ARFHjobs and send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to firstname.lastname@example.org on/or before Thursday February 27, 2020. Details of specific job responsibilities can be found on www.arfh-ng.org.
Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).