Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position in the organization for Global Fund grants:
Finance Manager, Location –Abuja (Reports to the Director of Finance and Administration)
This position oversees financial assessment, budget preparation, financial monitoring, risk management, donor reporting, and all financial and management accounting duties.
- Provide technical support for strategic analysis; strategic planning and preparation of project work plan and re-programming.
- Take a lead in budget preparation and tracking.
- Effectively control income, cash flow and expenditure
- Manage fund disbursements to State Implementation Offices and ensure that project expenditures are in line with Global Fund Project standards.
- Ensure compliance with internal control and adherence to donors’ financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare accurate and timely bank reconciliation statements, accounts payable, and account receivables, balance sheet and other reports for submission to donors, management and, internal and external auditors.
- Efficiently manage payroll and monthly local statutory returns such as PAYE/ taxes, Pensions, etc.
- Coordinate activities of accounting staff and provide necessary mentoring to subordinates.
- Work closely with program team and support other staff for effective operation of ARFH and project activities.
- Follow up with all outstanding advances to staff and project partners, to ensure timely and proper retirements.
- Maintain relationship with external auditors, suppliers, banks etc.
A minimum of HND/ BSc. degree in Accounting, Social Sciences and ACA/ACCA/CPA. A Masters Degree will be an added advantage. Must also have at least six years working experience with Non-Governmental organizations, with skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, Words and Power-point. A good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to firstname.lastname@example.org on/or before 4p.m. 24th January, 2020. Interested candidates must indicate the Position and Location being applied for in the Subject line of the email (E.g.- Finance Manager – Abuja). Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).