Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified applicants for the following position:
Director of Business Development: 1 Position
We are looking for a detail-oriented and self-driven individual to increase organizational influence, stakeholder community and ultimately, revenues by identifying profitable business opportunities, generating successful leads and developing long-term business growth strategies. The responsibilities of the Director of Business Development include attending meetings with clients and partners, and notifying them of key business offerings of the organization. The candidate should also be able to assess business risks by analyzing financial, statistical, and economic data to enable superior decision-making.
The successful candidate should be persuasive and have strong business acumen. Ultimately, he/she should be adept at negotiating sound business deals as well as demonstrate excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Building solid relationships with clients, donors, vendors and customers, as well as communications and marketing teams.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the organizations offerings and core competencies to identify profitable business opportunities.
- Directing marketing efforts by presenting market research to the management and board of directors and suggesting strategies to expand market reach and presence.
- Assessing current marketing and communications efforts as well as client operations and recommending improvements as needed.
- Preparing all documentation required for requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Developing and managing strategic partnerships to grow existing for-profit and not-for- profit businesses of the organization.
- Presenting business or marketing opportunities to management and board of directors.
- Selecting automation software and software platforms that best meet organization needs for improved efficiency and effectiveness particularly in the area of funds and revenue generation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Social Enterprise development, Health Economics or related field; A Master’s degree or higher is advantageous.
- 5-10 years relevant working experience
- Proven business development, sales, fundraising or marketing experience in Nigeria or internationally.
- Understanding of the health business landscape
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen and deployable social networks.
- Detail-oriented and persuasive.
- Fair knowledge of the nonprofit health-oriented landscape
Method of Application
Applicants should complete the online form at https://forms.gle/yU2M57RW1GJu6Qhe7 and send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter not exceeding 500 words detailing relevant experience and match for this assignment in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document). Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on/or before Thursday 27th August, 2020. Details of specific job responsibilities can be found on www.arfh-ng.org/jobs.
Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).