Strategic Information (SI) Manager – Project Hope
People to People Health Foundation, Nigeria, Project HOPE is recruiting for a Strategic Information (SI) Manager who will report to the Senior Advisor for System Strengthening and will provide oversight functions to the Strategic Information Officers as well as guidance on project monitoring, evaluation and reporting to the Director of Strategic Information, in the ARFH led ICHSSA 2 Lagos Program.
The Strategic Information Manager will provide oversight functions to the Strategic Information Officers as well as guidance on project monitoring and evaluation, reporting to the DSI, with compliance to the USAID reporting requirements. S/He will ensure that data/reports are submitted to the Program and Strategic Information Directors in a timely manner and used in generating information. This information will be used to highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with program management and others in addressing these gaps. The candidate must be familiar with the new PEPFAR and Nigeria national M&E system and tools with excellent training and networking skills. The candidate will be willing to work with little/no supervision and travel regularly.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability and transparency.
Suitably qualified Nigerians are strongly encouraged to apply.
S/he will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Social Sciences, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Informatics or a health-related field is required
- Seven (7) years of experience in USG-funded programs designing, establishing, and managing M&E systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, managing M&E systems, Working knowledge of Nigeria’s health and social service information systems and M&E processes as it relates to data collection for performance based reporting with understanding and experience and competency in working with OVC and HIV community-led organizations
- Strong data analytics; visualization and presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of PEPFAR MER and GON OVC indicators
- Understanding of USAID, PEPFAR and GON Strategic Information / Monitoring and Evaluation standards and practices
- Previous Experience conducting State/LGA and health facility data assessments and data reviews is preferred
- Experience working with CBOs and USAID funded programs.
- Knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools to target program interventions and resources
- Previous experience in providing Technical Assistance to FMWASD/SMWASD/LGAs on NOMIS strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices
- Proven skills in data analysis with proficiency in statistical package i.e. Stata, SPSS, ODK, KOBO, ARCGIS, QGIS, Advanced Excel, Business Intelligence applications
- Proficiency in use of diverse databases including DHIS, DATIM, NOMIS, ACCESS, EPI Info and other data sets
- Skilled in the development and use of data/data analytics to aid program decision making with demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems
- Sound understanding of indicators, data collection methodology, and data quality issues;
- Ability to develop indicators and data collection tools and assess data quality
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, with the capacity to problem solve in high paced environments.
Qualified applicants, please apply by email: https://projecthope.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/662?c=projecthope and make sure to complete and include your USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well. USAID 1420-17
Due to the considerable number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be considered. No phone calls please.