ARFH ICHSSA 2 Consultancy Advert for Development of SOPs
This Consultancy Scope of Work (SOW) describes the work to be done in relation to the review and development of the SOPs required for the effective implementation of the ARFH ICHSSA 2 Project. The specific tasks include (1) Conduct a desk review of current SOPs available across the different thematic areas on the project to identify gaps on the SOPs based on the current PEPFAR direction of OVC response. (2) Update the SOPs in line with the new PEPFAR direction for OVC response. (3) Develop SOPs for thematic areas currently without SOPs.
The Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award (ICHSSA) Project is currently being implemented in ten (10) Local Government Areas in Lagos State by the Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) with support from USAID, and working in partnership with FHI 360 and Project HOPE through ten (10) community based organizations (CBOs) providing quality care, treatment and support to orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) in the State. The project is focused on providing comprehensive health and social services to OVC, mainly the HIV infected and affected households by ensuring the execution of un-interrupted HIV services across the 95-95-95 cascade for the beneficiaries.
The overarching goal of the ARFH ICHSSA project, is to mitigate the impact of HIV/AIDS on orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their families through an accelerated and sustainable approach and enhancing access of OVC to HIV services and basic social services (e.g. Education, Health, Nutrition, Psychosocial, Legal protection, Social protection) while their families benefit from household economic empowerment interventions to enable them to effectively perform their roles as the first line providers for their children/wards, as part of the efforts to mitigate the impact of HIV/AIDs on children and their households.
Description of Work: The consultant will be responsible for completing the activities and deliverables as follows:
- Conduct a desk review of current SOPs available across the different thematic areas on the project to identify gaps on the SOPs based on the current PEPFAR direction of OVC response.
- Facilitate a one (1) day meeting with ARFH ICHSSA 2 team to share gaps and recommendations.
- Update the SOPs in line with the new PEPFAR direction for OVC response.
- Develop SOPs for the thematic areas currently without SOPs
- Submit a comprehensive report of the consultancy period to the management of ARFH ICHSSA 2 Management.
|Critical Milestones and Deliverables||Due Date||Number of Days|
|Participate in an entry meeting with the ARFH ICHSSA 2 Project team||16th September 2020||1 Day|
|Conduct a desk review of current SOPs available across the different thematic areas on the project to identify gaps on the SOPs based on the current PEPFAR direction of OVC response||17th – 20th September 2020||4Days|
|Facilitate a one (1) day meeting with ARFH ICHSSA 2 team to share gaps and recommendations from the review of the current SOPs.||21stSeptember 2020||1 Days|
|Update / develop SOPs in line with the new PEPFAR direction for OVC response.||22nd – 27th September 2020||7 Day|
|Submit a comprehensive report of the consultancy period to the management of ARFH ICHSSA 2 Management.||28th – 29th September 2020||2Days|
List of SOPs to review / develop
|OVC Core Services||The 95-95-95 HIV Cascade|
|SOP on Health Education||SOP on Case Identification (HTS, ICT, Self-Testing etc.)|
|SOP on Food and Nutrition Education||SOP on Referral and Linkage to ART|
|Guide for Caregivers Forum||SOP on ART Adherence and Retention in Care (DMOC, OTZ)|
|SOP on Adolescent Girls Group –highlighting Adolescent sexual and Reproductive Health, and gender||SOP on Disclosure Management|
|SOP on Psychosocial Support||SOP on ARV Regimen Optimization,|
|SOP on home and school visit||SOP on Viral Load Cascade (VL Coverage, VL Suppression, EAC, Repeat Viral Load Test, ARV Regimen Switch)|
|SOP on Kids Club|
|SOP on VSLA|
|Job Aid on GBV and Gender Norms|
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Masters’ Degree in Social Sciences with 5 – 6 years relevant experience in project-level or state level management
- B.Sc/BA Degree in Social Sciences with 8 to 10 years relevant experience in project-level or state management
- Familiarity with new PEPFAR directions for OVC programming
- Familiarity with pediatrics and Adolescent HIV prevention, treatment and care
- Pass experience on SOP development
Daily Rate and Payment:
Daily rate will be based on negotiated rates.
Supervision, reporting and oversight:
The consultant reports to the Director of Program, ARFH ICHSSA 2 Project. The consultant should be able to function with a high degree of independence and considerable discretion and is ultimately accountable to the Management of the ARFH ICHSSA 2 Project.
Application Closing Date
September 8th, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by email through the organization platform) with the Job Title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- ARFH ICHSSA 2 does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview