VACANCY: Program/Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Program/Monitoring and Evaluation Officer; Location: Abuja.
The Program/Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, under the supervision of the Program Manager and with technical oversight from the Coordinator of Monitoring and Evaluation, is responsible for the following duties:
- The M and E Officer will be responsible for the design, implementation and supervision of monitoring and evaluation activities for Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health focus, project in four States, namely; Niger, Benue, Jigawa and Kastina states.
- Work directly with implementing partners to facilitate the implementation of high quality M and E system for SRH/Family planning activities;
- Work closely with other staff to ensure synergy relevant to the implementation and documentation of the youth focused SRH/Family planning activities;
- Develop, review and ensure correct implementation of the SRH/Family planning activities as a subset of national M and E plan; as well as monitor the use of and inform necessary modification to M and E tools.
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans and guidelines and surveillance data for program planning, evaluation, and policy advocacy.
- Provide continuous technical assistance on data management to project team.
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system
- Contribute effectively at national and sub-national levels to Health Management Information System strengthening
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly project reports, proposal writing and assessment exercises.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams, and conduct operational research activities.
- Make presentations to stakeholders at both technical and non-technical sessions on program achievements and deliverables
- Represent and make appropriate presentation at professional meetings, conferences and workshops related to Programs, Monitoring and Evaluation including M&E Technical Working Group (TWG) and other relevant technical committees.
- MBBS with an MPH or Master’s degree in Social sciences, pharmacy or related field with at least 3-4 years M and E experience in adolescent sexual and reproductive health (ASRH).
- Also required is experience working with CBOs and DFID funded programs. Familiarity with local tradition and language in Northern Nigeria is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of proficiency in computer packages and statistical software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Epi-info and SPSS
Duration of Appointment: 4 months
General Information: Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com on/or before August 31st 2015. Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional mobile phone numbers on the application letter. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).