Vacancy Announcement: State Program Associates (7 Positions)
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. . We seek applications from qualified persons for positions in a United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) project: Community Channel for Family Planning (Depomedroxylprogesterone Acetate) DMPA – SCALE- UP.
Position: State Program Associates (7 positions); Locations: Adamawa, Ogun, Ondo, Kebbi, Sokoto, Gombe & Ebonyi States. Reports to the Program Coordinator.
Type of Contract: Renewable every three months
- Coordinate and facilitate RH/FP service delivery (quality and systems strengthening) and other related activities in project anchor sites and respective satellite sites.
- Liaise with State RH/FP team and other relevant government representatives (LGA health team) to facilitate quality improvement/health system strengthening activities
- Facilitate review meetings, addressing gaps, etc. among FP service providers-Government & CORPs
- Prepare and submit detailed Contract: Short Term progress reports on project activities on monthly, quarterly, bi-annual or annual basis to the project coordinator and as necessary
- Developing innovative strategies to strengthen the effectiveness and quality of service provision in their areas of assigned responsibility
- Proactively and efficiently managing the implementation of the project activities within their states of assignment
- Ensure the prudent use of funds in the implementation of project activities as set out in the project plan
- Participating in development, management and review of program activities of CORPs
- Liaise with other PHCDA, UNFPA, Communities and other state/community partners in the state
- Monitoring and evaluating progress of initiatives in areas of responsibility.
- Mentor and Support CORPs on service delivery and data collection.
- Participate actively in any other duties assigned by the project coordinator
- Applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Nursing or Registered Nurse/Midwife, Health or Social work or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience on donor-funded family planning project in Nigeria will be an advantage
- Must possess hands-on experience in Family Planning Service Delivery.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Must possess effective community mobilization skills
- Must be resident in the states that they are applying to work in
- Ready to and capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and exercise of sound judgment and flexibility to achieve agreed outcomes
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and the local dialect(s) of the states and localities they would be working in.
- Ability to use Microsoft Words, Excel and Power-point packages
Method of Application
All Applicants should title their applications according to their preferred location/State, desired positions and their surnames, e.g. Adamawa – Program Associate – Musa Bola Obi.
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to firstname.lastname@example.org on/or before 30th of April, 2018. Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).