Vacancy Announcement: Senior Finance Officer, Abuja
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position in the organization for Global Fund grants.
- Senior Finance Officer – TB Grant: Location: Abuja (Reports to Finance Manager)
- Ensure effective and efficient budget management of the project including preparation of fund request to donor agency.
- Ensures timely preparation of payment vouchers and checks.
- Daily posting of financial transactions in QuickBooks and maintaining financial records.
- Review procurements and purchases process to ensure compliance to ARFH policies and donor regulations before payment to vendors.
- Ensure proper cash management including receipts and payments.
- Assist in providing logistics support to workshops and meetings and handles electronic payments of participants at workshops.
- Monitor the project expenditures and reports to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately.
- Prepares financial reports as at when due (monthly, quarterly, etc.) and submitted to donor.
- Assist in preparation of monthly staff payroll for review by Finance Manager and approval by the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Carry out banking transaction and recording of daily lodgments and withdrawers.
- Oversees remittance of staff pension to pension scheme managers.
- Ensures remittance of staff tax deduction to Federal and State Inland Revenue Boards.
- Filling of retired payment vouchers with supporting documents.
Degree in accounting, finance or other relevant field plus any of the following professional accounting certification: ACA or ACCA or CPA. At least 5 years’ experience in grant management in a dynamic & multi-cultural international NGO setting with excellent accounting and auditing skills. Knowledge of Global Fund and other international donor rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements is essential. Good computer skills in Ms Office Excel, word and Power-point and accounting software- QuickBooks, SAP etc are highly essential.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com on/or before August 22nd , 2018. Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).