VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position under the Global Fund HIV Grant- New Funding Model.
Position: Manager- Monitoring and Evaluation – HIV: Reporting to the M&E Coordinator and Project Coordinator
- Provide technical support and oversight to ensure monitoring and evaluation excellence of the GF HIV project.
- Ensure that the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities are in line with the project’s implementation plan and meets the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Provide technical support to Sub-Recipients (SRs) in ensuring that programmatic data/indicators are accurately captured, and reported according to set guidelines.
- Work with Project Coordinator to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted appropriately by SRs and community based organizations (CBOs) to meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Provide continuous technical assistance on data management to the SRs and CBOs.
- Represent and make appropriate presentations to stakeholders at various fora on program achievements and deliverables and other M&E activities.
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans, guidelines and ensure efficient data management processes
- Provide continuous technical lead to project team on data management and regularly analyze state data, highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with program management and others in addressing these gaps.
- Conduct routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system, project’s training database and programmatic progress updates that documents achievements on a regular basis.
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation/analysis of monitoring reports for program feedback and decision making
- Conduct operational research activities and participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams as applicable.
- Facilitate the preparation/production of project reports, journal publications, proposal writing and assessment reports, human success stories and quarterly fact sheets.
- Compliance with financial policies and procedures including reporting requirements and contribution made to other team members in the development and implementation of partner capacity building and training
- Provide technical support to the project, SMOH, National programmes and other Government of Nigeria entities in the conduct of surveys for HIV programs, including development of survey instruments, survey implementation, data analysis and report writing under the guidance of the M&E coordinator.
- Applicants must have a University degree in any of the following related field: Medicine, Pharmacy, Statistics, Demography and Public Health. A master’s degree in public health will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria or related fields and programs in developing countries: and working experience with Global Fund, USAID or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and strong attention to detail, excellent writing and communications skills in English language are required.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point). Experience with database development and management and statistical analysis software (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar) is also a plus. Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com on/or before August 10th, 2017. Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).