Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position in the organization for Global Fund grants.
- Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist, Location – Abuja (Reports to Director of Finance and Administration)
- Provide strategic direction and take lead in strengthening Procurement and Supply Management systems of the GF Funded Tuberculosis Grant in order to meet organizational and international best practices and standard.
- Prepare Procurement related documentation (e.g. pre-qualification, bidding, specifications, bid evaluation reports, terms of reference, letters of invitation, request for proposals, and draft contracts,
- Take lead in Contract Management, Supplier Management, develop and update Procurement Tools Management for all procurement works, goods and services related to projects.
- Take a lead in processing delivery documents e.g. duty wavier and NAFDAC Exemption etc.
- Prepare the project procurement and supply management plan in close consultation with Project Management Units and the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme
- Monitor efficient documentation of activities at warehouses at designated zones, states and sites and prepare periodic progress reports on health/non-health commodity distribution to/at designated sites.
- Ensure that quality control is carried out on health commodities in accordance with national and international standard.
- Responsible for commodity shipments from overseas, clearing and ensuring the freighting to ARFH Central Warehouse in Federal Medical Store, Oshodi and the six (6) Zonal Stores in NWZ, NEZ, NCZ, SEZ, SWZ, SSZ and FCT.
- Responsible for the forecasting, quantification, and maintenance of short, medium, and long term TB commodities (Anti-TB Drugs/Laboratory reagents and related commodities, HIV tests kits, Laboratory Equipment and supplies) and procurement plans to support the Project.
- Responsible for the assessment, design, implementation, strengthening, and maintenance of project site logistics system for TB commodities
- Participate in the National Logistics Management Coordinating Units (LMCUs) and TWG meetings
Minimum qualification is B.Pharm; Master’s degree in Social Sciences and Management sciences will be an added advantage. A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the procurement and supply chain management functions in donor funded projects, international NGO or United nations is highly essential with professional certification in Procurement and Supply Chain Management and understanding of Nigerian drugs regulations. Good knowledge of Nigeria and Global Fund Procurement & Supply Chain Guidelines for all disease Programmes and other related PSM activities including procurement management softwares e.g pick and pack etc is also essential. He/she must also be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint presentation, inventory management software, analytical and problem solving skills. The preferred candidate should be excellent at written and oral communication.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com on/or before July 5th 2016 . Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).