VACANCIES AT ARFH
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions in the organization for Global Fund grants.
- PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST
Specific Responsibilities: Reports to Director of Finance and Administration
- Provide strategic direction and take lead in strengthening Procurement and Supply Management systems of the GF Funded Tuberculosis Grant in order to meet organizational and international best practices and standard.
- Prepare Procurement related documentation (e.g. pre-qualification, bidding, specifications, bid evaluation reports, terms of reference, letters of invitation, request for proposals, and draft contracts,
- Take lead in Contract Management, Supplier Management, develop and update Procurement Tools Management for all procurement works, goods and services related to projects.
- Take a lead in processing delivery documents e.g. duty wavier and NAFDAC Exemption etc.
- Prepare the project procurement and supply management plan in close consultation with Project Management Units and the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme
- Monitor efficient documentation of activities at warehouses at designated zones, states and sites and prepare periodic progress reports on health/non-health commodity distribution to/at designated sites.
- Ensure that quality control is carried out on health commodities in accordance with national and international standard.
- Responsible for commodity shipments from overseas, clearing and ensuring the freighting to ARFH Central Warehouse in Federal Medical Store, Oshodi and the six (6) Zonal Stores in NWZ, NEZ, NCZ, SEZ, SWZ, SSZ and FCT.
- Responsible for the forecasting, quantification, and maintenance of short, medium, and long term TB commodities (Anti-TB Drugs/Laboratory reagents and related commodities, HIV tests kits, Laboratory Equipment and supplies) and procurement plans to support the Project.
- Responsible for the assessment, design, implementation, strengthening, and maintenance of project site logistics system for TB commodities
- Participate in the National Logistics Management Coordinating Units (LMCUs) and TWG meetings
Minimum qualification is B.Pharm; Master’s degree in Social Sciences and Management sciences will be an added advantage. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the management of supplies chain management functions in donor funded projects, international NGO or United nations is highly essential with professional certification in Supply Chain Management and understanding of Nigerian drugs regulations. Good knowledge of Nigeria Supply Chain Guidelines for all disease Programmes and other related PSM activities including procurement management softwares e.g pick and pack etc is also essential. He/she must also be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, inventory management software analytical and problem solving skills.
- ZONAL LOGISTICS ASSISTANT/DATA ANALYST
Location: Minna, Ibadan, Enugu, Bauchi, Kaduna and Port-Harcourt
Specific Responsibilities: Reports to Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist with following responsibilities:
- Support and strengthen the Logistics Monitoring Information System (LMIS) of the program in the states under the Zones
- Coordinate the TB state stakeholders in Logistics mentoring and supportive supervision to the Zonal, states and facilities.
- Support regular supervision and provide oversight for the maintenance of the storage facilities in the zones.
- Provide periodic reports on stock status, commodities storage condition, logistics activities and warehousing maintenance and other monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly zonal and supportive supervision reports.
- Document and tracks all commodities delivered to the zones and the commodities issued to the states and facilities
- Provide support to the Program on all data issues and build capacity of state Logistics officers in relevant supply Chain areas
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to DOTS and Microscopy sites, including the conduct of data verification, validation and Logistics data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Participate in the Logistics Management Coordinating Units (LMCUs) meetings at the states under the zone as well as zonal quarterly review meetings.
Minimum qualification is B.Pharm; Master’s degree in Social Sciences and Management sciences will be an added advantage. A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management of supplies chain management functions of donor funded projects. He/she must be familiar with Government and International donor agencies rules and regulations, and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, inventory management software, analytical and problem solving skills. Professional certification in Supply Chain Management and understanding of Nigerian drugs regulations is essential with vast knowledge in Nigeria Supply Chain Guidelines for all disease Programmes and other related PSM activities.
- FINANCE MANAGERS
This position oversees financial assessment, budget preparation, financial monitoring, risk management, donor reporting, and all financial and management accounting duties.
- Provide technical support for strategic analysis; strategic planning and preparation of project work plan and re-programming.
- Take a lead in budget preparation and tracking.
- Effectively control income, cash flow and expenditure
- Manage fund disbursements to Sub Recipients and work with their Project Accounting teams to ensure that project expenditures are in line with Global Fund Project standards.
- Ensure compliance with internal control and adherence to donors’ financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare accurate and timely bank reconciliation statements, accounts payable, and account receivables, balance sheet and other reports for submission to donors, management and, internal and external auditors.
- Efficiently manage payroll and monthly local statutory returns such as PAYE/ taxes, Pensions, etc.
- Coordinate activities of accounting staff and provide necessary mentoring to subordinates.
- Work closely with program team and support other staff for effective operation of ARFH and project activities.
- Follow up with all outstanding advances to staff and project partners, to ensure timely and proper retirements.
- Maintain relationship with external auditors, suppliers, banks etc.
A minimum of HND/ BSc. degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA/CPA. Must also have at least six years working experience with Non-Governmental organizations, with skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft excel words and Power-point. A good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential
- PROGRAM MANAGER, COMMUNITY SYSTEMS STRENGTHENING (CSS)
Specific Responsibilities: Reports to Director of Program
- Provide leadership in the overall implementation and management of the CSS grant
- Participate in the identification and selection of partner organisations
- Take part in the development of Term of Reference / or Memorandum of Understanding between the organization and other project partners (SR)
- Supervise all program staff, provide technical support to SRs and serve as a resource to all stakeholders in the project
- Ensure timely submission of project report to donor and to ARFH by the assigned SRs
- Source for technical and material resources to support the project
- Participate in the coordination and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans for the project
- Review and recommend for approval or as may be directed, concept paper and budget submitted by SRs
- Coordinate and facilitate the development and implementation of the project’s quarterly and annual work plans
- Facilitate quarterly monitoring and evaluate/ progress meeting
- Participate where necessary, in national and international fora in the sharing of lessons learnt through the organization’s programmatic activities.
Applicants must have a University degree, preferably in Medicine with Master’s degree in Public Health or related field. Possession of a Ph.D will be added advantage. Minimum of 6 years working experience on donor funded HIV/AIDs, OVC and Home based care projects in Nigeria with good knowledge of epidemiology. Excellent writing and Oral communication skills, with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power point and SPSS. Experience and good understanding of Global Fund principles and procedures will be added advantage.
- SENIOR MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER (CSS)
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities of the project
- Work with other staff and SRs to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework and project M&E plan, and development of M&E tools and guidelines.
- Work with SRs to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly PU/DR and provide supportive supervision.
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building to the sub-recipients and sub sub-recipients in the design and implementation of the program/project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure that the quality of program/project Monitoring and Evaluation in the projects sites is in agreement with the GFATM performance framework and grant agreement
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of quarterly PU/DR and provide supportive supervision.
- On a quarterly basis, analyse submitted reports by SRs and SSRs and provide reports and follow up with feedback.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams, when requested.
- Participate in the conduct of operational research activities from time to time.
- Represent ARFH and make presentations at professional meetings, conferences and workshops related to Monitoring and Evaluation.
- MBBS with an MPH or Master’s degree in Social sciences, pharmacy or related field with at least 5 years M and E experience in OVC and health programs.
- Also required is experience working with CBOs and Global Fund funded programs.
- Excellent computer skills in Ms Office suite and M & E softwares: Stata, SPSS, NOMIS etc is compulsory. Familiarity with local language is highly desirable. Must be able to analyze data to inform programme decisions
- SENIOR PROGRAMME OFFICER (CSS)
- Support the Programme Manager to provide technical assistance and oversight functions to sub recipients in the implementation and overall management of the Global Fund New Funding Model on the CSS.
- Participate in the development of Project Implementation Plan, Training Manual, various Standard operational procedures (SoP)
- Support the State Programme Officers in effective project management & coordination and provided performance based oversight to CBOs on project implementation procedure, data management and effective financial management.
- Ensured linkages and joint performance of activities with other PRs, SRs and other relevant organizations
- Ensured the preparation and submission of detailed reports by SRs and SSRs on project activities on a quarterly and annual basis in compliance with Global Fund requirements.
- Develop the concept and participate in the implementation of Refresher training for CBOs
- Participate in project monitoring and supportive supervision to SRs and SSRs
A Degree in Medical Field, Social Sciences with at least 4 years post National Youth Service experience, which must include at least 2 years in CSS programming, health, education and sub granting. Also, preferred are knowledge of health programs with the Nigeria public sector, health system, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders. An MPH is an added advantage. Familiarity with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
- ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
The desired candidate will provide necessary administrative and secretarial supports to the project: Take notes and dictations at meetings and transcribe. Arrange appointments and receives visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answers enquiries with discretion. Arrange logistics for seminars/workshops and meetings. Prepare correspondences, documents and reports; and manage the office equipment, project vehicles and general office maintenance. He/She manages the drivers, office assistants, receptionist and domestic assistants. Maintain appropriate filing systems for the project.
He/she will handle petty cash transactions and fuel retainership. Maintain inventory register for fixed assets and office supplies/consumables.
A Bachelor degree or HND in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration or Social Sciences with Master degree in related fields. At least 3 years cognate experience. She/He should also possess excellent oral and written skills in English language, proficiency in current office software applications (MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc), and experience in multi-cultural setting will be added advantage.
- INTERNAL AUDITOR
As the internal auditor, your main responsibility is to review and improve project financial control and project risk management processes. This is to ensure the existence and effectiveness of internal controls, the reliability and integrity of financial & operational information, regular compliance with ARFH policies, instructions & guidelines, as well as donor rules.
- Ensure the implementation of internal audit approach/plan for the project, monitor objectives and revise as appropriate;
- Identify potential risk areas in the course of audits and investigations.
- Ensure controls established are strictly adhered to and in line with ARFH policies and financial regulations by pointing out exceptions;
- Prepare annual audit plan and audit calendar;
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity;
- Verify and check all supporting documents for purpose, value for money, eligibility and appropriate authorization;
- Check and ensure that relevant processes are followed for procurements;
- Follow through on proper, complete and timely retirements of advances;
- Carry out Spot check on all movable assets including cash, vehicles and health commodities;
- Perform investigations of suspected fraud or misappropriations and complete special projects as assigned;
- Assist in external audit assignments of internal control and substantive testing accurately as requested, completely and in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports including Executive summary, details of findings and recommendations on each assignment;
- Summarize in a timely manner selected risk rated audit findings identified in audits and reviews for the semi-annual Internal Audit reports along with additional information that may be requested.
A minimum of HND/ B.Sc. degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA/CPA. Must also have at least three years relevant working experience with reputable audit firms with skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft excel, words and power point), good knowledge of internal control systems of non-governmental organizations, financial audit processes and accounting procedures for multiple donors such as United Nations, USAID, Global Fund, DFID
- SENIOR ACCOUNTING OFFICER FOR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION.
Specific Responsibilities: Reports to Director of Finance and Administration
- Ensuring the effectiveness of the database tools and services to cover the relevant modules of the ERP system with focus on finance, human resources, supply chain, and compliance functions
- Designing financial reporting templates based on donor’s reporting requirement
- Ensuring all the data complies with legal and funding agencies regulations
- Making sure data is protected and backed-up regularly
- Regular reporting to Finance team and management on system performance and problems including interfacing with the SRs
- Monitoring database/system performance and maintaining organization chart of account
- Maintaining access levels for users and develop their capacity
- System maintenance for inclusion of new Grants and existing ones
- Monitoring data entry procedures to ensure data integrity
- Liaising effectively with the ERP Consultants to ensure prompt update and hitch-free operations
- Automating budget controls and other ERP functions for all Grants
- Facilitating daily, weekly and monthly generation of financial reports and other functional reports from the software to enhance the quality of Management decisions
- Troubleshooting the ERP software regularly to maintain and improve on its effectiveness and efficiency
- Any other duty as may be required by the Finance Director and/or management
A minimum of HND/ BSc. degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA/CPA. In addition, must have a diploma/certificate in computer programming and certification in an ERP software, experience in database design and management. ERP implementation experience and with financial report and crystal reports will be an added advantage.
- ASSITANT IT AND M&E DATA OFFICER
- Provide support to develop electronic database systems to track health indicators using the DHIS2.
- Provide support to customize form and synchronize relevant metadata – organization units, data elements and indicators for non-health sector including testing running and debugging.
- Provide support in configuring and setting up of all ICT devices for use on M & E activities both within ARFH office and project partners
- Provide support and resolve all minor hardware, software issues and interconnectivity/ networking problems in relation to M & E systems.
- Assist in hands-on support and basic IT training for staff and will be directly involved in quality/specification confirmation, verification and acceptance of all newly procured IT equipment.
- Maintains highest quality of customer services to M & E unit and all project partners.
- Facilitate a desk review including collation, correction and updating of incomplete entries/records and transfer into the electronic platform.
- Access, Entry and clean data for baseline on surveys, routine data collection, on-site data validation etc.
- Enter quantitative data on statistical softwares e.g. SPSS.
- Facilitate the completion of relevant software set up and installation for the respective Community based organizations
- Provide on-the-job mentorship to partners on the use of M & E softwares
- Ensure complete entry of backlog of all available data set from program records into M & E database
- Overall, ensure complete, accurate and quality of project data in the M&E database
BSc in Statistics, computer sciences or any other related field. Relevant experience in data management with special reference to HIV program related data set. Computer literacy and excellent hands on experience with Microsoft Office especially excel spreadsheets. Experience in working as a data clerk in a Donor Funded project is a must. Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team with little or no supervision. Excellent report writing skills and fluency in spoken English language is an advantage.
- DOCUMENTATION AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Specific Responsibilities: Reports to Procurement and Supply Chain Management Specialist
- Support the documentation/Filling of all Procurement and Supply Chain documents of the organization
- Maintaining the Procurement matrix; Reconcile procurement processes, and support other PSM activities as at when needed by the organization
- Responsible for maintenance of organizational PSM documents
- Responsible for storage, cataloging and retrieval of documents.
- Maintain the integrity of working documents and update documentation when revised.
- Maintain systems for document storage and retrieval, and help train employees on efficient system usage.
- Responsible for document security, for assigning access, and for removing and destroying obsolete documents.
Minimum qualification is B.Pharm or B.Sc in Business Admin, Social Science or Management Course. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the management of supplies chain management functions in donor funded projects, professional certification in Supply Chain Management and understanding of Nigerian drugs regulations. Good knowledge of guidelines for all disease Programmes and procurement management softwares e.g pick and pack etc is desirable. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, inventory management software analytical and problem solving skills.
- DATA ENTRY ASSISTANT
- Facilitate a desk review including collation, correction and updating of incomplete entries/records and transfer into the electronic platform.
- Access, Entry and clean data for baseline on surveys, routine data collection, on-site data validation etc
- Enter quantitative data on statistical softwares e.g SPSS.
- Provide regular and daily feedback on completed task via e-mail
- Assist program partners with real-time entry of project data into electronic database
Minimum of HND or BSc in Accounting or any other related field.Relevant experience in financial data management. Computer literacy and excellent hands on experience with Microsoft Office applications and any accounting software such as QuickBooks, Sage etc. and experience in working as a data clerk in a Donor Funded project is a must.
- TRANSPORT OFFICERS
- Provide transportation support to staff or project activities.
- Handle vehicle fueling and maintenance, and ensure adherence to organization’s transport and security policies.
- Provide logistical support as requested by the project office (line manager).
- Level of Education – SSCE, Diploma
- Certification of driver mechanic trade test and professional experience in vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- At least 4 years of professional driving with valid Nigerian Driver’s license and with NGOs
- Good spoken and written skills in English language and one other local language.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com on/or before May 29th, 2015. Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).