ARFH Clinical Services
ARFH has one main Clinic and two- Satellite Clinics. The organization reaches out to the masses through these delivery centres to ensure quality of care at affordable costs. The delivery centres provide services on Family Planning, treatment of Reproductive Health problems and minor ailments, and dissemination of information on Family Planning/Sexual and Reproductive Health, and HIV/AIDS issues and various laboratory tests.
Professor Olikoye Ransom Kuti Community Health Centre
This is a model community health centre located within the premises of ARFH House and named after Late Prof. Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, Nigeria’s former Minister of Health. The centre is moderately equipped and managed by qualified Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Nurse/Midwives, Laboratory Technologists and Community Health Officers. The centre provides both male and female clients of all cadres with RH services. It opens between 8am and 5pm of every working day of the week.
Available services in the Centre include:
- Intra Uterine Contraceptive Device (IUCD)
- Injectables- Depo provera and Noristeriat
- Oral Contraceptive Pills
- Male and Female Condoms
- Referral for Surgical Method
- Counselling on RH/FP Issues, HIV/AIDS and Infertility
- Treatment of STIs
- Treatment of Minor Ailments
- Post-Abortion Care – counseling and management
- Prompt referral – where and when necessary
Professor Oladapo Ladipo Youth Friendly Clinic
The centre addresses the Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health issues. Available services include:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health/Family Planning Counseling
- Provision of different family planning methods
- Treatment of Minor ailments
- Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Recreation services which include: In- and out-door games
- Prompt referral – when and where necessary
The organization has two satellite clinics. These are part of the organisation’s strategy of moving services close to people at the community level, most especially where they live and work.
These service delivery points are situated in the densely populated cities of Ibadan (Yemetu) and Ogbomosho (Ijeru) in Oyo State to provide both male and female clients with RH/FP services, HIV/AIDS Counselling and Testing, and Referrals. Both clinics operate within the hours of 8am and 5pm every working day of the week. Regularly, outreach activities are carried out in markets and communities to sensitize buyers, sellers, trade groups and community members to the importance of patronising Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Centres.
The clinics are staffed with qualified health personnel, comprising Nurses, Medical Laboratory Scientists and Laboratory Assistants.
Services provided include:
- Intra Uterine Contraceptive D evice (IUCD)
- Injectables – Depo provera and Noristeriat
- Oral contraceptive Pills
- Female and Male condoms
- HIV/AIDS Counselling
- HIV/AIDS Testing
- Treatment of Minor Ailments and STIs
- Outreach Activities
In an effort to increase access to, and utilization of, Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services, the organization embarks on regular public enlightenment outreach programmes, most especially in the urban poor communities. This gives opportunity to reach out to people even at their door-steps, thus creating demand for Reproductive Health/Family Planning and laboratory services.