JOB ADVERT FOR SURVEY COORDINATOR: EVALUATION OF RADIO JINGLES ON TB INTERVENTION
Operations Research in Tuberculosis control & Management: Request for Short term consultancy
The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is pleased to announce a request for short term consultancy to support the evaluation of Radio jingles intervention on the Global Fund supported Tuberculosis Grant.
The Association for Reproductive and Family Health through funding support from the Global Fund has prioritized the use of mass media communication through customized culturally sensitive radio jingles across twenty one states of the country to promote TB prevention and awareness messaging. This strategic intervention is aimed at also promoting TB service demand and correcting misconceptions about Tuberculosis among the general population. This intervention began in mid-2016 and it is expected that a rapid assessment be conducted to determine the effectiveness, quality of media content and reach of the intervention as well as level of acceptability by the public. The outcome of this assessment will consequently be used to enhance the modalities for content modification, media broadcasting and audience segmentation.
Location of assignment: Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. Duration of assignment: 35 days
The Survey Coordinator will be an epidemiologist with experience in national/sub-national surveys and with at least 5 year experience in planning and conducting population-based surveys, preferably including health seeking and mass communication. The survey coordinator will:
- Reports to the principal investigator
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the survey
- Be actively involved in the design of the study
- Facilitate the development of survey protocol and tools
- Prepares training manual and study materials
- Trains team leaders and interviewers
- Supervises the work of data collection by team leaders through periodic reports
- Supervises other survey team members to ensure strict compliance with survey implementation timeline
- S/he must ensure that all survey activities are in compliance with approved survey protocol and that no breach of ethics is allowed during the exercise.
- Make presentations to relevant stakeholders at various tramadol stages and milestones achievement of the survey
- S/he will ensure timely preparation and submission of the survey report
- Support the preparation of publishable article in peer reviewed journal
- Eligible candidate must possess at least a Master degree in Public Health, Biostatistics, and Epidemiology. A PhD in related discipline will be an advantage.
- Must have at least 5-10 years’ experience in supervising and leading national or sub-national level surveys with particular reference to Tuberculosis (This will also be an advantage)
- Possess strong analytical and writing skill including competency in use of statistical analytical software such as STATA, R, GIS and Microsoft office package.
- Familiarity with Nigeria Tuberculosis control program and Nigeria political, social and cultural terrain is required.
- Must possess good leadership, communication and interpersonal relations and team spirit.
- Must be fluent in English language and communicate effectively. Fluency in another Nigerian language will be an advantage.
Submission of Applications/Closing Date
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply and submit a detailed curriculum vitae and application letter for this research opportunity. All candidates must have good understanding of the country context and demonstrate familiarity with the Global Fund supported Tuberculosis grant in Nigeria. Candidates must demonstrate competency in supporting country’s research capacity and/or data use. All applicants for this position must include evidence of previous consultancies and honorarium rates in their submission.
Closing date for applications is July 11th, 2017. Applications received after this date will not be accepted. Only successful candidates will be notified of the outcome by July 31st, 2017.
- Please reference the job title and reference code on the covering/application letter.
- Only electronic applications are allowed for this job advert. Send all applications to TBresearch_radio@arfh-ng.org. All applications should be addressed to:
Head, Monitoring & Evaluation
Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- NOTE: No submission will be accepted after the closing date.
- No physical submission will be accepted.