CALL FOR PROPOSAL TO CONDUCT A MID-PROJECT TERM DOCUMENTARY ON ARFH-LOPIN 1 PROJECT ACTIVITIES
The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a leading indigenous not-for-profit, non-governmental organization established in Nigeria in 1989 in response to the health and social needs of the disadvantaged groups in rural and urban communities.
ARFH is currently implementing a 5- year (2014- 2019) USAID supported family-centered Local Partners for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project in Region 1 covering 15 selected local governments in Akwa Ibom, Lagos and Rivers States.
The project aims at providing and expanding access to sustainable care and support services to 300,000 Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and 60,000 households over 5 years. The support services are in the areas of health, education, psychosocial, nutrition, shelter, protection and economic strengthening of the households of the orphans and vulnerable children, through increased access to gender sensitive integrated services.
ARFH is hereby inviting proposals from reputable organizations for engagement as Consultant to produce documentary of the activities of the project.
Areas of focus for the Documentary
The documentary is expected to showcase activities conducted and services (integrated) provided to project beneficiaries across 15 LGAs in the three states. The documentary is expected to be structured in line with international standards on documentary production, highlighting interventions to vulnerable children and their households living within communities, taking into cognizance the unique model of family centered approach and community involvement in OVC programming.
Some of the areas expected to be highlighted strongly in this documentary include:
- Service delivery to project beneficiaries across the 15 implementing LGAs.
- Coverage of routine project activities like Caregivers’ fora, Kids club activities, Adolescent girls and boys’ group meetings, village savings and loans association meetings, VSLA share out activities, households economic strengthening activities (distribution of items to beneficiaries), public private partnerships, etc.
- Advocacies and partnerships with states, LGAs, community actors and the private sector.
- Structures established to sustain project achievements i.e. child protection committees and networks, LGA technical working groups (TWG), quality improvement teams (QIT), State steering and technical working group.
- Block grant model of intervention in six LGAs.
- Documentation of feedback from Pupils, Teachers and Parents trained on interventions pertaining to Gender within the HIV/AIDS context.
- Graduation efforts, documentary of HES interventions & VSLA activities.
Proposed Methodology for the Documentary
A mix-method approach will be used to gather relevant and appropriate information that will assist in the production of a 30 minutes documentary. These methodologies will include; desk- reviews (program reports), Key Informant Interviews, focus group discussions, photo shoots, video documentaries, and any other methodologies proposed by the Consultant and approved by Director of Programs.
Scope of assignment
The Consultant will work with the Director of Programs, the Regional Program Advisor and the State Program Advisor in Lagos, State Program Coordinators in Akwa Ibom and Rivers states under the leadership of the Chief of party. ARFH/LOPIN-REGION 1 project will be responsible for the following:
- Fine tune the proposed work to be done
- Articulate and share with the Consultant program reports for desk review.
- Facilitate the engagement of the available stakeholders in the assessment process
- Participate actively during the field activities in gathering information and moderating activities
- Review first draft of documentary
- Mobilize funds for airing documentary on Television station(s).
The Consultant will work with the State program teams to identify beneficiaries who will participate in Key Informant Interviews, focus group discussions, photo shoots and video documentaries,
Duration & Deadlines (Tentatively)
The duration of the contract will be a total period of 30 working days starting from 3rd April, 2017, with approximately 13 working days on the field, and 17 days for editing and production which will be spread out until second week in May 2017.
Terms of Engagement
The Consultant will be expected to
- submit a draft workplan/itinerary prior to the commencement of the work.
- deliver the first production of documentary by end of 3rd week of the consultancy.
- undertake oral presentation to ARFH-LOPIN 1 Management.
- deliver the Final documentary by 13th May, 2017.
Proposal must be accompanied by the following: –
- Profile of the organization including the management team, registered address, phone number(s), facsimile number and web address
- Certified true copies of the following:
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of the organization (where applicable);
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the past three years
- Evidence of V.A.T Registration of the organization
Other Pre-qualification details required:
- Names and Curriculum vitae of team Leader and senior professional staff proposed for the assignment, including corresponding qualifications and individual experience in similar assignments,
- Evidence of technical competence and relevant experience in similar assignments,
- Verifiable reference list of similar organizations where such consultancy has been done,
- Detailed description of your understanding of the scope of work,
- Methodology, approach and work plan for achieving the tasks specified in the scope of work,
- Any other information which may be considered to be relevant to the evaluation of your proposal for pre-qualification.
The Proposal cost quotation must be explicit and reasonable whilst the project will offer a commensurate payment package. The cost of intra city road travels within project states should form part of the consultancy cost.
NB: In line with the Nigeria Tax Law, ARFH will deduct 5% Withholding Tax from the Consultancy fee and will be remitted to the relevant tax authority.
Kindly send your proposal on or before 27th February, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org or as a mail package and addressed to:
The Chief of Party, LOPIN-REGION 1
ARFH HOUSE, Plot 815A, Army Officers’ Mess Road, Near Ikolaba Grammar School,
Agodi G.R.A., Ikolaba, Ibadan
P.O. Box 30259 Secretariat, Ibadan,
Oyo State, Nigeria